Pancake Day is coming up and it’s a good excuse to either go out and find a spot to have a delicious brunch or to indulge at home with your own version of pancakes.
I looked all over the place for a recipe and this came up perfectly (see the source for this recipe and photos here). This is a vegan version of Tortas De Aceite, using vegan substitutes that are just as yummy and with a beautiful rich result – such as rice flour and oat (instead of wheat flour), soya milk (instead of dairy milk) and bananas (to replace eggs). In this recipe, you can also add other things to make it more personalised.
- 1 cup rice flour (150 grams)
- 1 cup oatmeal (120 grams)
- 2 teaspoons yeast (gluten)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup soya milk (250 milliliters)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bananas
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients (flour, rice, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon). In another bowl mix the (soy milk, agave syrup, vanilla extract and oil) liquid ingredients.
- Add sliced banana to the two liquid ingredients and beat with a whisk. You can also add crushed bananas with a fork if you find you banana pieces you do not mind. We toss the dry ingredients to the mixture and return to beat.
- In a skillet we take a drop of oil and spread with a paper napkin. When hot cast ¼ cup batter and left about 2 minutes per side. We know we have to flip the pancake over when the edges are golden and easy flip with a spatula.
- Serve with agave syrup and chopped banana.